Being leaders in door-to-door sales, we can definitely tell prospective sellers one thing – door-to-door sales are tough, with a capital T. It takes hard work, practice and dedication to make it. But we also know that if you can stick it out through those difficult early days, it can also be a richly rewarding experience.
Over on Yahoo Voices, there’s a nice article on the key Qualities and Attributes of Door-to-Door Sales People. The article captures some of the key elements that make for a successful sales representative. Some key attributes:
- Overcoming Rejection – Don’t dwell on rejection, just keep putting one foot in front of the other.
- Attitude – Keeping a positive outlook and using tricks like positive affirmations is key.
- Energy – Take care of yourself, eat right, get good sleep.
- Professionalism – First impressions matter.
- Product Knowledge – You can’t sell what you don’t know.
- Perseverance – Don’t give up, learn a lesson from every encounter.